The XCFL Rules
Learn Them, Love Them, Follow Them!
The XCFL is a content based league where our members are required to write news articles, utilize Twitter, take part in podcast and much more. We are no longer just a show up and play your games league.
The XCFL is not your normal everyday just play your games type of league. We are a content based news and activity league as well. So all members will be required to write news articles, post activity updates and stay active by adding updated content often. and to create, use and maintain team/player Twitter accounts as well.
If you are interested in joining the XCFL, please read our rules, then sign up for our Waiting List and a staff member will contact you within 24 hours. However, please look over the entire league rules and guidelines before asking to join, to make sure we are a good fit for you and vice versa.
User Role: Created Coach (Not Active Coach)
Game Skill: All-Pro (Custom Sliders)
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Accelerated Clock: 20 seconds
Game Speed: Normal
Injuries: On (Off during Preseason and force win sims)
Pre-Existing Injuries: Off
Fill Roster: Off (Prevent cpu from unwanted roster moves)
Twitter: Yes (League Created)
Twitch/Mixer Streaming: Yes
Advances: Every 72 hours
– If all games are complete, we will advance early.
– We do not wait on games against CPU.
– If contact has not been made within 24 hours of advance, the game may be simmed or the unresponsive owner put on autopilot.
– If the user’s cannot agree or find a time to play, user with more availability will get to play cpu, unless both users agree on a straight sim.
– Game must be scheduled and posted in #schedule channel within 24 hours of advance. If not both users will receive a schedule warning.
– For playoffs we move to a 48 hour advance, unless special circumstances apply.
– For all issues regarding scheduling, force wins, disconnects, please contact our Scheduling Director, Dustin Doss.
- Playoffs are on a soft 48 hour advance schedule, early advances are appreciated.
- All teams will have about 24 hours after Super Bowl has finished to resign their own potential free agents.
- All teams will have about 12 hours to complete stages 1-3.
- Stage 1 – Free Agency Round 2
- Stage 2 – Final Free Agency Round 3
- Stage 3 – Scouting Ends, Draft Waiting Room
- Stage 4 – Draft
- Draft begins approximately 1 hour after Stage 3 (free agency), at 8:30 pm Est.
- If you don’t plan to attend the draft, contact a commish, so we can put you on autopilot.
- We only play Week 1 of preseason. All teams will have 24 hours to play preseason Week 1.
- We will sim through Weeks 2-4 in 10 minute intervals, giving everyone time to do training, sign FA, or cut players to get down to their 53 man roster.
- All teams must have at least 51 players before first regular season game.
Discord: the Discord App is a requirement for the league it is the communication device of choice for the XCFL. Be sure to check daily for updates and remain active on it.
Daddy Leagues: Daddy Leagues is the main statistical site for Madden. All members must join to be kept in contact with schedules.
View Our Daddy Leagues Site
Twitter: Members of the XCFL will be provided league created team Twitter accounts. Be sure to ask for the login info for your teams account when you join the XCFL.
Twitch: Members must have a Twitch account in order to stream games and submit for complaints. All games are required to be archived, this allows us to watch previous games and pull the video for league related shows or handle game play disputes. In settings (wrench icon), go to “Channel & Videos” and click the box next to “automatically archive my broadcasts.”
All games must be “Twitched”, including CPU games. The AWAY team should twitch each game, but if they are unable to for some reason, the home team can twitch. Members that do not stream games will be subject to league penalties or removal.
General Code of Conduct
All league members are expected to conduct themselves as mature adults. The XCFL community should be a place to meet new friends and have fun. Users are expected to play realistic simulation football and treat other members with integrity and respect. We expect all members to be open to feedback and improving their sim game.
Members caught cheating, team killing, displaying a win at all costs attitude, using excessive profanity, racial slurs or remarks, verbally abusing other members or otherwise displaying a negative or aggressive attitude towards members or site staff will be removed from the league and face a permanent ban from the site.
All members should keep in mind that being competitive and showing good sportsmanship can go hand-in-hand. Treat others as you would hope they would treat you and everyone’s experience will benefit. Abusing any aspect of the game or playing unrealistic/unsim football will be penalized.
We understand guys mess up when getting used to our rules, especially the no usering and no manual ints, defensive freelancing, or switching players while the ball is in the air rules. If this happens pause the game, send your opponent a quick apology and correct it by recreating the situation or punting the ball back to the other team. Do the right thing and find a way to make things right if you screw up.
Please wait 24 hours to calm down, re-watch your game, and take notes before making a complaint. All complaints, arguments, and questions must be done privately and respectfully to an admin. and/or your opponent in DMs.
IN GAME COMPLAINTS BANNED
Members are not to complain to their opponent in game for any reason. Do not send messages about game play via DM, text or any other platform. This goes for game complaints, rule violations or just out of frustration. Do not complain on Discord in any chat room either.
Any member reported for sending complaints during the game and ruining their opponents experience will have a player of the league’s choice suspended for one full game.
If you have complaints about a person’s style or rule violations refer to the complaints rules above for how to handle them.
VIOLATIONS / COMPLAINTS
- Any verbal abuse or personal attacks on Discord will not be tolerated.
- Any game play violations are not allowed.
- The above violations and any other form may result in your best overall QB, HB, or WR, or offending player being suspended.
- Any 48 man roster or salary cap violation may result in your highest paid QB, HB, or WR being suspended.
If you break any rules,
- 1st offense: Warning
- 2nd offense: 1 game player suspension of the staff’s choice.
- 3rd offense: Player suspension and time of the staff’s choice.
- 4th offense: Possible removal from league.
*Staff reserves the right to use whatever punishment they feel necessary for any broken rule.If you are caught abusing any known glitch, punishment could be automatic removal if staff feels it is necessary.
If members still have a complaint after waiting the 24 hour calm down period. Please contact your a staff member with time stamps from the Twitch feed of each violation and detailed information about your complaint. Do not just give general statements like “He just ran zone all day” gather some proof and present it to the admin team for review. Please respect the chain of command in this process.
League Content Requirements
League Content: All members are encouraged to write news articles, post activity updates, keep an active twitter account, and stay active by adding updated content often. To make the XCFL the best Madden league it can be, we would like members to be active in adding team content. Season previews, team news, game reports, transaction news, etc. Members are required to post no less than 2 news articles per season and remain active on Tweeter.
When tweeting using your XCFL Twitter account simply tag @xcflnetwork in your tweet and it will auto post in our Discord chat.
Owners should also take the time to read, like and comment on other peoples articles and like and share other teams Tweets. Get involved and take notice of others contributions and not just your own.
Chain of Command
All XCFL League Members must follow the chain of command when reporting disputes or game play issues. This means going to the appropriate level of authority. For instance, a XCFL member would DM a Director of Officiating first before contacting another admin.
XCFL members should not contact the commissioner or co-commissioner about disputes or game play issues unless they cannot reach the directors of officiating or other admins first.
- Oversee all aspects of the league
- Web Design / Daddy Leagues Updates
- Manage Staff Members
- League Voting
- Trade Committee
- Magazine Editor
- Manage day-to-day operations
- 2nd in charge
- League Votes
- Trade Committee
- Scheduling Director monitors scheduling
- League Votes
- Trade Committee
Directors of Officiating:
Justin Glen, Regan Long, & Ace Blazer
- Direct contacts for member complaints
- Bring complaints to staff
- Review gameplay
- Administer discipline
- Trade Committee
Game Play: Offense
*No super simming of offense or defense is allowed*
*No User/Manual Catching (User Picks) Allowed
Game Play: Defense
*Roaming with any player you control on defense is banned. Stay within the zone or play covered. Do not freelance and chase receivers across the field. If the play called is a zone you must use strafe.
Game Play: Special Teams
– Only 1 Fake Punt or Fake Field Goal allowed per game.
– Only allowed if you are past your own 40-yard line.
– Do not manually move players to set up blocking.
– All punts should land in a catch-able area barring wind driving it out of bounds
– If you are across the 50 yard line, you may punt the ball out of bounds to pin opponent deep (coffin corner punt)
Preseason and Regular Season:
– Allowed to sign one free agent per week over 71 OVR and above
– Allowed to sign unlimited free agents all season 70 OVR or under
– You are ONLY allowed to CUT players who are 74 overall and LOWER during the season to make room for cap. Any player that is HIGHER than 74 OVERALL must be released during the OFFSEASON to prevent collusion and allow for all teams to bid through Free Agency.
– All traded players must remain with new team for remainder of season
– No trading with CPU teams – Rookie 1st & 2nd rounders cannot be traded for 2 full seasons.
– Teams cannot have more than TWO 1st round picks in a single draft.
– Playoff teams cannot trade into the top 10. If you make the trade prior to trade deadline and the draft picks ends up in the top 10 that is okay, but it may not be traded.
– Can only trade 3 for 3 max.
– Max of 4 trades per season (Superbowl to Superbowl).
– Teams may NOT trade their 1st round pick in back to back seasons.
– You are allowed to swap 1st rounders in a deal without it counting as trading your first rounder.
– If a team trades their current year 1st rounder, they may not turn around and trade for someone else’s that same year. This goes for future 1st rounders as well. Cannot trade a future first and then the following season trade for another 1st rounder. If a team acquires TWO 1st round picks in one season, they cannot have TWO 1st round picks the following season
Trade Submission Process
– Trades must be submitted via the XCFL Trade Submission Form or Direct Messaged to the commish
– Trades must get three approvals by the trade committee
– All trades are final, unless both parties agree to have it voided
Trade Submission Format
For a Draft Pick: Please say current or future then round of pick
– Teams must maintain a 51 man roster (61 with 10 from practice squad)
The following adjustments are allowed:
– FB > HB
– TE, FB <> TE, FB
– T, G, C <> T, G, C
– OLB > DE, with admin approval
– OLB, MLB <> OLB, MLB
– S > CB
– CB > S, with admin approval.
Practice Squad Stealing
– Team’s are only allowed three total steals from other teams practice squad per season.
(Regular Season Week 2 – Regular Season Week 17)
– You must send a screenshot of the player you are stealing to Doss.
FORCE WIN/MISSING GAMES POLICY
– This rule is in place to avoid everyone just giving out force wins at the end of the season, messing with playoff situations.
– Due to unrealistic stats and the effect awards/stats have on development, a user may not receive more than two force wins in a season, if you have already received two FW on the season you would have to play cpu the rest of the way should your opponent not be able to play.
– Alternatively should a user miss more than two games in a season they would be subject to a player suspension of the staffs choice. If it is a tanking situation near the end of the season the staff may choose to suspend your player for the beginning of the next season.
– If you have a D/C and a force win is needed, it will not count towards your 2 force wins, unless this keeps happening on multiple occasions then we might need to get you some new internet –
– If you are heading on vacation those games won’t count towards a player suspension, as long as that vacation is posted a (real life) week in advance in the #vacation channel. If you have any vacations planned just post them ASAP.
– If you give out a force win, that isn’t the result of a disconnection or vacation, you will lose 10 user rank points.
All league members are required to read and know these rules. Rules are subject to change. Any changes made to rules and sliders are to ensure a fair and balanced playing field. In the event that a change is made, all members will be notified and any amendments will be clearly outlined.
All new members must answer this question to confirm they have read the rules,
“What do you love most?”
With…… : “I LOVE TITS.”
Please let the person recruiting/helping you join, know that you have read, understood and agree to the rules. When you are ready to face some of the stiffest competition available, then contact the league’s administrators.
The XCFL staff reserves the right to remove any member from the league, if violations occur or for any other reason deemed for the betterment of the league.
We hope these rules clarify and help you understand what a “SIM” league is. We appreciate any feedback that can make this league successful and last many years to come. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please ask at anytime.
Enjoy the XCFL, as if it were your own.
Good luck and thank you.