About the XCFL
The Xtreme Connected Franchise League (XCFL)
Formerly known as the XFA, the XCFL is the longest running Madden NFL online league (since 2004) utilizing the Connected Franchise Mode feature on the Xbox One gaming system. The league is a simulation “sim” league utilizing modified “sim” rules. All league games are streamed LIVE on Twitch.tv and archived utilizing Twitch’s built in archiving feature.
After over a decade of running under the XFA brand we decided to change our entire concept of how we run the league and what we require from our members. With the change we have also rebranded under the XCFL name and restarted our league history as well.
The XCFL is a content based league where our members are required to write news articles, utilize Twitter, take part in podcast and much more. We are no longer just a show up and play your games league.
The XCFL is not your normal everyday just play your games type of league. We are a content based news and activity league as well. So all members will be required to write news articles, post activity updates and stay active by adding updated content often. and to create, use and maintain team/player Twitter accounts as well.
If you are interested in joining the XCFL, please read our rules, then fill out our league application and a staff member will contact you within 24 hours. However, please look over the entire league rules and guidelines before asking to join, to make sure we are a good fit for you and vice versa.
Here’s What the League Won’t Be:
- An arcade, stick jockey league where big-time records are being broken almost weekly and people win with stick skills over strategy.
- Inactive. If you’re never on the site or consistently missing games, you won’t last long.
- Your average online league. Too much time and effort will be put forth for this league to be anything less than one of the best.
- The XCFL member ranking system should largely eliminated the chances a member will come in, make trades, and leave a team screwed for the next owner. If you want to make moves to have your team how you want it, you must first show your commitment to the league and earn that responsibility.
Here’s What the League Will Be:
- A 100% sim league. Cheesy owners will not be tolerated.
- A 100% strategy based league.
- A league where you can find owners on at just about any given time.
- A close-knit group of 32 dedicated, active owners (per league) with as little a turnover rate as possible.
- A league that will last for many years to come.
What GM’s can expect from the XCFL
A SIM league: We really cannot stress this enough. If you want lobby ball, H2H is a great place for that, not here. Anyone found to be playing cheesy will be out of the league quicker than Jonny Football’s career ended.
Reliability: If we say something is going to be done at a certain time (draft start, offseason advances, etc.), it will be done on time.
Experience: Our staff has a combined 20 plus years experience playing in and running Madden leagues.
Openness to member input: We will always be open to suggestions or ideas from our league members.
Prompt advances: We will advance every Wednesday and Saturday nights at 10:00 pm est.
An overall fun, family-like experience: Our goal is to make every game fun win or lose. To create a family like community based on activity and sim play, not on win at all cost, me first attitudes. To be in the XCFL you must put the league and other members needs before your own and treat everyone with respect.